Friday, August 12, 2005

Morning Reflections On this, The Day of my Birth

Waking up feeling bright eyed at 6am is not my usual self.
the day its self is not important and real doesn't mean a goddamn thing. Its the symbol that is important. That Symbol being me. Its a day to celebrate me which is a lovely thought and one should not be forced to miss any of this egomaniacal holiday. Tomorrow is someone else, its been some one else 364 days in a row and now, finally my name has been called.

from this day forth I decree that my actual age will not be counted. For the nest several years I am 20-something and it is to be left at that. Once I hit 30 we can keep counting again.

irony aside, I'm sick of having gimmicks. I'm too old for gimmicks now. That was a high school thing that lasted far too long. I am no longer the guy with the long blonde locks. Now I'm just a guy. I think I'm much better for it. But then what is a gimmick? Is it a personal philosophy, or is it an inside joke you have with yourself just to keep you interested.

new years resolutions should be made on birthdays, not new years eve. For me new years isn't ever have a new year. My new year starts today. Its 22 A.J.D (after Jon discovery). My resolution is to ditch all gimmicks, be kind to the ones I love, to seize the day...And possibly even quit smoking eventually.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy birthday, sweet potatoe. Tonight, we party down.

And Jeff said that you're allowed to put your hand on my bare ass again. Haha. BIRTHDAY TRADIDTION!

--kim

12:45 PM  
Blogger Caitie said...

HAPPRY BIRTHDAY!
I have to say if this new revelation leads to you quiting smoking, that is excellent. But I miss the hair. Hehehe
MUAH!!(as in kiss)
Caitie

3:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home