Monday, July 11, 2005

When I've had my vision

One week until the klondike days begin again for me. A long bus ride later I'll be somthign a little different. I've been in desperate need of change for several years now. A long trip by yourself can help that along a little.
today's lesson: when jeans say they're size 32, they are not always what they seem. Either that or I've become a grotesque physical specimen. I bought a pair of jeans today and my body still hurts from squeezing into them. Perhaps I should start trying things on. I've always hated trying on clothes in a store. I think I'm going to start. Still, its an awkward thing to do when shopping alone.
another lesson I've learned is that men's shorts always show too much thigh. I cant handle that much thigh, so I make my own shorts out of pants I don't wear anymore. At this point I'm undecided which one looks worse.

I haven't said anything about current events lately, and I don't really plan on it anymore. There certainly are terrible things going on everyday, but I'm not qualified to post any sort of opinion. Instead, you should just read the cbc website everyday. www.cbc.ca It take 5 minutes and you can keep up to date on everything.

I sure like Joel plaskett. I recently found a copy of his first solo album which completes my collection. The whole album has such a strange feel to it. I'm not sure exactly what he was going for, but its so full of longing and boredom. If you're longing and bored, I recommend it. I recommend it anyway.
another album that I've been listening to is the new kings of Leon. Which oddly enough came out on the same day as the latest Joel plaskett back in February. I had a listen to it and I wasn't that impressed. Their first album was so fresh and it had such a unique southern rock sound. The first album (youth and youngmanhood) was short and sweet. This new album, with yet another unfortunate title (a-ha shake heartbreak) at first listen was long and just didn't have the same simplistic rock and roll of the previous record. It seemed to be produced all wrong for their sound and the songs sounded a little rushed. Thus I put it away for a few months.
upon second inspection later this month, I decided I was mostly wrong. It is a pretty good album. The songs have some great catchy choruses, and it is a charming piece of music. Its still seems a little scattered and rushed, but there are definitely a few gems that make it worth picking up.
I don't know what else to say about that. I think I'll have a nap. Cheers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home