Wednesday, June 15, 2005

Descoberta e a Corrida Contra Tempo

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
trouble with the neighbors. These things can get the best of you I suppose. Wait it out maybe? I guess.
is it really worth my time to attempt an articulate explanation of why I'm in the state that I am in? Probably not but there's nothing else to do. Except maybe review music I've been listening to lately. Its hard to pick just one paticular disc. I guess I'll do the new Stephen malkmus and the new white stripes. In all fairness I haven't really given the white stripes new album a good listen yet but thus far I'm pretty content with it. While keeping the same basic style as the first 4 albums, the music has changed quite a bit and the whole thing seemed a little rushed. Its certainly not as good as white blood cells or de stijl. It maybe matches up with the self titled I would say. Check it out anyway, its interesting.
as for Stephen malkmus's face the truth. Well to me it a just a new pavement record, and that's great. However its really unfair to compare the album to pavement, because its not. The songs are catchy and have a really great style. If you like the other two malkmus solo releases you'll probably like this one and same if you're a die-hard pavement fan. Something for everyone.
as for what on the player right now I have the flashing lights second album sweet release. I've had this album for such a long time but I just never really put it on enough to get into it. That's one of the downfalls to having way too many cds. I just don't have time sometimes. Then you miss out on the good. Maybe I just wasn't ready for this album back in 2001. And why haven't the lights put out anyhtign new since then? What's the deal with that? I guess the super friends did re-form in 2003 but they also haven't done much since then. I need more east coast rock for my youth. Everyone does.

on to other issues, we're all so depressed and don't know why. Too depressed to leave the house. We should just pair up, but boredom doesn't work that way. We're in a little too deep. Someone with energy please send us a rescue boat.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home