Tuesday, May 24, 2005

Wooden Buccaneer

Things just keep getting weirder and weird and I for the past to months my head has been filled only with Bonnie prince Billy and matt Sweeney's sweet harmony on "my home is the sea". Now all I think about is harmony and back up vocals. Luckily Greg thinks the same.
Iron Pirate had our first little session today and I think its going to be awesome. We each threw in a few songs. I have I nice progession going, its a little poppy but in a Sloan kind way. Greg had a brilliant song the more reflects the style I wanna get into. The only problem is he had his electric unplugged and I had my acoustic so its hard ot gauge what it might sound like when its full. We also have a mandolin and we're working of a bass. I think he had I sing at different enough octaves that it will allows for some great obscure background vocals/noises. In short, iron pirate will soon rule the world. At least my world.
it kinda has to start if I'm gonna stay here all summer. Last sweet Yukon train leaves June 5th and I've been considering it. Being home is disappointing to say the least I'm afraid. What with working and work sucking and never really knowing what to do with myself. I need some sort of hobby fast. I mean I have music but it would be cool if I had a tree fort where I could just always be playing. Random people could show up un-invited and just jam along. Good times.
as for the interesting news today, the American family association has lifted their 9 year boycott of Disney. (as Jon Stewart once said if an organization has the word family in their name, you know their pissed off) apparently they were mad about miramax, which is owned by Disney, putting out violent films without family values. The boycott was lifted because the AFA has other battles to fight. Apparently homos have taken over or something. That's what I got out of the article. its really too bad. too bad those fine people will be at Disney world again. I hear a couple of the ghost in the haunted mansion are gay.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you move to the Yukon, I swear I'll kill you.


...Okay, maybe I'm too passive to actually kill you...But I'll sure as fuck take a few swift kicks at your little indie shins. And, if I'm really fired up, I might even take a run at it first.

Seriously.



And, hey--If you're bored, chances are that I am too. Start calling my cell. Let's make music. Or babies. Or both. (???)

My hair is going to be sooooo red tonight. Love me.

--kim

4:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home