Wednesday, May 25, 2005

My Imagination is Having Puppies

As a few of you may know there is an eternal struggle going on between the forces of evil. The tall statuesque Jesus-like figure (Jon Discovery), and the skinny dark haired spawn of the skull throne(Jason Liske). This Yin and Yang have had many classic battles since the begining of time, but none so great as the most recent. Towering over each other through wars, weather and Disney films, these two omnipotent forces have turned to music.
there of course are the obviously black metal vs well meaning indie rock/folk, but this contest is where the very fires of hell clash with the light of heaven in the setting of a market mall coffee shop.
the legend goes, that some time about a year and a half ago Discovery came upon a list carved in stone by the Liske. People gathered around the stone and were commenting on how proud the creature was of this list. Discovery looked closer and read aloud "my all time to 10 favorite radiohead songs". With out reading any further Discovery screamed for the Liske to reveal himself. When he did not, Discovery made his own list. A list that more than forced the Liske out of hiding. For Weeks and week they engaged in a fiery battle unless the god himself flooded the land. Discovery and the Liske's lists where were washed away but they continued fighting, neither one giving an inch. Until now.......
I(Discovery), have revised my list. I only hope this will end the fiendish war and bring balance to the universe. However about 10 second after this list is posted, I am sure I'll want to change it.
here it is, the list
1.how can you be sure
2.lucky
3.idioteque
4.the bends
5.thinking of you
6.anyone can play guitar
7.2+2=5
8.airbag
9.wolf at the door
10. blackstar

PS: fitter happier isn't actually a song, thus is can not be put on a list of top ten songs. It acts as an intermission to ok computer.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I find it interesting how similar my hypotetical (I haven't taken the time to sit down to put it to 10 set-in-stone songs...it's more like a random mess in my head) list is to your list.
Very nice, very nice. Hm. I don't know if I'm surprised or not-surprised of the similarities.


And it's also super nice because, well, we all know what ISN'T A SONG.


--kim

10:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home