Saturday, January 28, 2006

A Bird in the Hand

Reflections on a Friday night in a filthy apartment:

I've learned to enjoy cleaning up after myself and even others. There's something undeniably gratifying about putting everything in its right place. In a world where I have no control, I've learned to take sanctuary in making the slightest changes to my surroundings. Not to mention it gives me a bit of an opportunity to hold a grudge against those you are cleaning up after. Its amazing how holding a grudge can make you feel better. Just giving yourself the tiniest bit of justification to complain about that which you cannot fully change.

Moments alone in this city are few, and far between. The most valuable skill I have acquired in my time here is learning how to be alone in a crowd of people. To be consumed by your own thoughts/reflections while the Hussle of the city does its thing in the background. Waiting for a bus in the freezing rain for 20 minutes can be pure heaven if you allow it to be. Its at the point now where when I have my place to myself, I get such a feeling of joy it can't be expressed in words. I can do whatever I want, and I often do nothing at all. Keeping up with the city is so unappealing to me. With great partying comes great responsibility. That's not really what I'm looking for right now.

creation is the most important thing in my life. Organizing my thoughts in a pleasing manner and recording them for later reference. Put the thoughts to music and you have 100% homegrown self-gratification. What may I ask, could be more important than that?

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just a friendly note to you let you know I'm back online. Life is good. well, a little better now that this is fixed. Talk to you soon, Discovery.

-Water

1:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

so you do like waiting for the bus? i thought you didnt? i'm happy we now have a fiftieth or more thing in common, its too bad we still dont talk though

10:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home