Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Finally, the top 5

Alright alright, I know I forgot about doing this and it should have been taken care of weeks ago, but I finally have my little top 5 CD's of 2005 list ready to go.
it was a lovely year for music. So many new band with new success stories and heaps of old stand-bys with new classics. I'm in a strange bit of headspace at the moment so I'll just get this over with.
actually...... Instead of making any honorable mentions this year I'll just make a full top 10 list. That way its less work for me, and....Well its just less work for me. Here we go.

10. Iron and Wine - Woman King EP

9. Super Furry Animals - Love Kraft

8. Decemberists - Picturesque

7. The Go! Team - Thunder Lightning Strike

6. Broken Social Scene - Broken Social Scene

5. Boy Least Likely To - Best Party Ever

4. Joel Plaskett - La De Da

3. Devendra Banhart - Cripple Crow

2. Bonnie 'Prince' Billy and Matt Sweeney - Superwolf

1. Clap your hands say yeah - Clap your hands say yeah


and there it is. Happy goddamn new year 3 people who will read this.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Blast it! Well, the only two 2005 albums I bought were on your list, so right on.

-Ryan Water

5:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy New Year to you too Jon, hope you have a good one.
Caitie

12:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

9:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey. I guess this makes four. So much for three. Three is so last year. That last comment seems like it has a story. I won't ask.
This is a good list. I'm going to have to agree with you on most of it. Some of it is a little predictable, and some is definitely not. I'm just glad Coldplay wasn't on it.

Happy The New Year to you too.

Yours,
Scott

12:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home