Tuesday, November 22, 2005

I Can't See The City

20 cigarettes just isn't enough. Out in the fog the smoke hangs above your head forever. The future is right in front of you but I'm afraid you cant see a thing. Even when you walk directly into this thick barrier, there's not way of telling you where you are. The light pollution here wont even break it down.

all my little ways fail me when I'm overwhelmed by distractions. I can't take the feeling of my own fingertips anymore. All the smalltown calouses fade away so fast in the moist big city air.

cigarettes and loneliness are the thinking man's drugs, and I can't get enough of either. With the headphones on I can't even hear. How am I supposed to write? (star wars reference). I'm still trapped in all the boxes. I seem to have overlooked what was really trapping me, which is to say I forgot to carry the one.

have you ever been happy because someone else was happy? Something happened to me and the cynic in me fell asleep at the switch if only for a moment. Someone's new exciting love thrilled me to no end for the firstime ever. I guess I'm not as hard as I thought and that gives a great hope for everyone. Mix it with some broken social scene, and we have something new. Always looking for something new.

I've always feared change which makes some people think I'm a right winger. By some people I mean my neurotic self. I now believe I'm just to lazy to try something new and I need a nice steaming pile of motivation to kick my ego legs out from under me. We should all stop thinking in absolutes.

the fog off the ocean keeps it blurry. All I can tell is I can't sit still. With my vision impaired I can't stay in once place. Maybe tomorrow I'll just keep moving on. Like the littlest hobo.



Discoveryblog celebrates its 1 year anniversary tomorrow.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You should package the year in a book. DiscoveryBlog: A Year With Jon Discovery. I think three people would be interested in said book. Do 'er up.

-RyanWater

12:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Our days on earth is like a shadow, gone so soon without a trace.

12:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home