Thursday, October 20, 2005

Long Dark Twenties

Wrapped up in music all the time. Music or some other mindless background noise. I walk, I bring headphones. Drive, turn it up. Sleeping, music.
the problem isn't music, its all the things commign towards me that I block with music. The queue is outrageous.
all my conversations are about things. Mostly about distractions. Movies, music, guitars, travel all of that. I cant even get interested in politics anymore. I cant remember the last time I spoke to someone about something worthwhile.
my favorite part of my teen years was the discovery of intimate conversation. Something you could have with anyone. All you needed was a place to have coffee and the ability to send your thoughts directly to your mouth as the came to you. It was like discovering honesty.
it seems like now in my twenties those conversation are reserve for, one specific friend (mine lives 4,000 kms away) or a significant other (nope).
so shit out of luck here I am kicking yellow leaves around the park with my gigantic hideous headphones on. Wondering why Neil could say all the things I cant.
its probably because he didn't spend his entire waking life listening to Neil young records.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Funny thing is, Jon, that James and I just had a similar comversation tonight...

-Ryan

2:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I understand, everything has become so fake in the last little while, nothing is serious anymore.

Caitie

12:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I will have something for you soon. That's all I can say...if even that.

--kim

2:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

About that last comment - nevermind.

xox
kim

7:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

update, you wanker.

--k

5:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So what the hell, hows Victoria, update already.
Caitie

5:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home