Monday, September 05, 2005

Merriment and song

I haven't felt anything real in weeks. Even the food I eat is completely processed and manufactured to the point where if I eat rice I feel like I'm on a foreign adventure. Long ago someone tried to explain to me the evolution of our boxes and our reliance on them. Wake up in my house, get in my car, go to my work place, get back in my car, come to my house watch TV play on the computer. Perhaps get in my car and go to some other bog box somewhere. Its a very sound theory. I'm trapped in a goddman box.
so trapped that when I was between boxes this I felt the rain. Usually water only hits me in another box I call shower, but this was being made by something else. Something real. What was I to think?
I wish I had stayed outside. Even now I want to promise to myself to limit my boxes and move back to reality. But then I realize that I'm not out there. I'm at my computer box writing this to everyone else on their boxes. I don't see an escape anytime soon.
so often I promise that I will eat right, ignore all distractions, walk everywhere and see what's real again. It never happens. Everyone takes the easy road eventually I suppose.
the only real thing I have is the music. It can make all the box problems go away if only for a few minutes. It like hearing someone through paper thin walls talking to you about the other side of the box. How marvelous it is and how marvelous you can be.
if only we had the courage to step into that world.

2 Comments:

Blogger Caitie said...

hey
if you're lonely, call me, im always around if you need me.
Caitie

11:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Update yer goddamned blog, chum.
I need something to read with my morning coffee. Oui?
-k

4:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home