Tuesday, March 08, 2005

I Guess We'll Just Have To Adjust

There are a few things troubling me at the moment. Think that make me want to reliquish my first world membership just to even it out a little bit more. Just your stereotypical self hating lefty I suppose. If I make myself miserable enough I might just be forced to help out little.
the goal of the Iraq invasion (which is almost becoming cliche to talk about) was never weapons or national security. It was always to better the lives of the people and give them democracy. Let them choose. In that case, why didn't the US just lift some of the sanctions against the country? Maybe concentrate more on someone who actually needed help. Hey have you heard about the genocide in Sudan? Of course you haven't. And if you have its been a side note. The only thing that matters now in the western world is weither you are left or right and this is where the whole thing begins.
has the world ever been so divided? Bill o'rielly and Anne Coulter believe that if you're not with them, you're against them. That sums it up there. Poor winners and poor losers in a seemingly eternal battle for who is right. Did there used to be a time when things weren't so cut and dry? I just cant believe this whole thing. No one is willing to listen to each other. Possibly because neither side makes a good point. Have you ever heard the argument clinic skit by Monty python? That's is the state we are in. Lefty likes chocolate? chocolate is for pinko commie motherfucking hippies.
I read a while ago that newly democratic countries are the most likely to have civil war break out. Could the same be said about outgoing democracy? It seems to me like the first world maybe about to erupt.
it all comes back to a dream I had. Two armies my army in blue fighting from the trees with arrows, the other side it red with muskets. The trees left us of their own free will and that was when I understood how wrong this whole thing was. No one would listen. With us or against us. There was no inbetween. The only solution is passive resistance. Stand up to the tank in the square. Gandhi defeated the British empire. What have you done?
here are some links of interest
www.thoseshirts.com
www.darfurgenocide.org
www.cbc.ca/fifth/sticksandstones.html

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home