Monday, November 29, 2004

Case Of The Mondays

All I really want to post is how my weekend went, but then that's not much of a rant, now is it? I will some how have to combine or conglomerate the whole thing together into a big happy ball of something rather. Here goes.
the weekend it's self doesn't really matter. What matters for the purpose of this entry, is that driving to Saskatoon on Friday, I was shocked to find my muffler dragging behind me making the sparks fly. Of course that makes the weekend far more expensive then I wanted it to be, but I was too excited to care. At 2am when you've been up since 7am, that's a good excuse for a second wind. After some awesome times, Sunday came along and it was do or die for the muffler. I take it in to Canadian tire. Good news! The muffler and installation is only $100. I come back to pay my $100 when they are finished and the fellow says "oh... I know right I now that car" and proceeds to wander into the back for like 15 minutes. Apparently my car which I (sadly) rely on, is all fucked up. They told me I should never ever drive it again until its fixed. As a student I only have student money, its fictional and certainly not my own.
I am back at school, I had to steal my poor little sisters car so I can go about my week.
that's not much of a rant at all. Maybe this will be one.
tonight: if you didn't vote for your greatest Canadian, you're a big chump. Voting closed last night at midnight. I personally only cast one vote, that was all I really needed. The debate last night on the cbc was really quite interesting. I think the most interesting thing was that about 4 out of the top 10 have no chance. Even the advocates speaking for those four seemed to be pessimistic. To me it all comes down to this list:
Tommy Douglas
David Suzuki
John A McDonald
Lester Pearson
Fredrick Banting
Pierre Trudeau
even this list, can be narrowed down. To probably about 4. Take out Pearson and Trudeau. As great as they were, they were prime ministers in dangerous times. There arguments for all of them, and they're all very inspiring. It was especially nice to see all the Canadian musicians, comedians celebrities of all kind in one place. None of those poser Canadians that now live in LA either. Except of course the little interview with Keifer Sutherland seeing as he is Tommy D's grandson.
in any case, I'm excited for the winner to be chosen and I think that winner will be Tommy Douglas. It will be a fun evening on the CBC. that's all for now I guess. Good morning.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home