Wednesday, November 24, 2004

Elitism

The other day, I was sitting in my cabin listening to Belle and Sebastian. Mid ways through the album Maegan pointed out to me that no one who listens the Belle and Sebastian can be a bad person. I think that holds very true, not only with that paticular band but with many. Now you regular folk may wonder why those o us who are purposely un-polished judge people so harshly on musical taste, and this is why. Musical taste seems to be a reflection of personality. Right now I'm listening to Donovan. I think that proves that all I want to do is lay in a field of daises and will walk away from any confrontation. Fans of linkin park will generally be angry and like to yell. We wouldn't want to Han gout with those people on a regular basis. Do you see what I mean?Basically what I'm saying is that you shouldn't be offend when an pretentious indie person grills you about music. Its kind of like how dogs smell each other. Sure its inappropriate, but its how you get to know someone.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home