Monday, November 09, 2009

Free jazz, from all directions.

-or-
Saxophones? You gotta fucking be kidding me.


There's no reason for this. Elevator jazz from the radio that i am forbidden to touch, and modern lounge jazz coming from the bar that shares my wall. Here i am, another day, hard at work. Here i sit, behind a narrow desk. Here i sit bombarded by jazz scales. my mind starts to soften. i start breathing through my mouth and i fear i may start drooling at any second.

They play this music for cats at the SPCA. Cats in tiny cages. it makes the cats feel like their not in a cage. puts them in a limbo between conscious and unconscious. it makes the cages and the boredom less cruel. or such is my understanding of it. i don't think that's the idea behind my jazz overdose.

My heard hurts and i feel like i could doze off at any second. i try to drink coffee but it just makes me more and more aware of the jazz. "is that a muzak version of fire and rain?" i'll think to myself, "or is is wild wild west?".

No, no!

I'll lay low and just take it. i'll make my move when the time is right.....


.....The new shift has arrived! Time to make a break for it.

Just in the nick of time too. i think the band next door has just broken into a bebop version of Black Magic Woman.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

3:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home